Recipes and Blogs
Methi Thepla (Fenugreek Flatbread)
- 2 cups Ancient Roots Multigrain Flour
- ¼ cup wheat flour (you can also use besan / gram flour)
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder/lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds/til
- ¼ tsp turmeric/haldi
- ½ tsp carom seeds/ajwain
- 1 green chili (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch ginger (grated)
- 1 cup methi leaves/fenugreek leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ cup curd/yogurt (fresh/sour)
- Water as required (to knead dough)
- 2 tsp oil
- 5 tsp oil/ghee (for roasting)
How to make:
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take multigrain flour and wheat flour.
- Also add chili powder, turmeric, sesame seeds, carom seeds and salt.
- Additionally, add green chili and ginger.
- Now add finely chopped methi leaves.
- Furthermore, add half cup of curd and combine the dough well.
- Additionally, add some water and knead the dough.
- Knead the dough to smooth and soft texture like of chapathi dough.
- Add 2 tsp of oil and knead the dough for 5 more minutes.
- Now pinch a medium sized ball dough, roll and flatten it.
- Also dust with some wheat flour.
- Further roll it in a thin circle like chapathi or paratha.
- Now on a hot tawa place the rolled thepla and cook for a minute.
- Furthermore, when the base is partly cooked, flip the methi thepla
- also brush oil/ghee and press slightly.
- Finally, serve methi thepla with raita and pickle.